Health and Wellness Life Coach
Essential Oils support your Body Mind and Spirit. They support all of your Body's Systems.
Learn how to use them to make you happier and Healthier.
1. Essential Oils can be used to improve your Mood and Support your Overall Wellness.
2. They can be used to help you get the toxic chemicals out of your home.
3. And if you want to make your own Lotions and Potions to replace beauty products filled with unnecessary chemicals Essential Oils bring all kinds of Amazing, Magical Qualities to your Beauty Routine.
WHATEVER THE REASON...
I ike to say “There is an oil for that”!
But before we go any further, I just want to say that I'm not a doctor, and Essential Oils are not meant to cure any disease.
I will be discussing how Essential Oils can help you support Wellness, and ways to Incorporate Essential Oils into your life to support all of your body’s systems.
SO, WHAT ARE ESSENTIAL OILS?
· Essential Oils are the most powerful part of the plant.
· They are the plant’s natural defense and protective mechanisms … or the lifeblood of the plants.
· They are distilled from trees, shrubs, herbs, grasses, resins and flowers, and cold-pressed from rinds.
IN HUMANS, Essential oils provide support for all of all of our systems – our
immune system, skeletal system, muscular system, endocrine system, circulatory system and respiratory system.
· They support your brain health and help you maintain a healthy weight.
· They are used extensively for emotional and spiritual support, as well.
Essential Oils consist of over a HUNDRED DIFFERENT, NATURAL ORGANIC COMPOUNDS.
One drop of Oil contains countless molecules that affect the body on a cellular level.
An Oil in a diffuser can
· soothe a child who had a tough day at school, or
· provide a calming effect when you had a stressful day at work.
Essential Oils can be used as an ALTERNATIVE TO TOXIC CLEANING CHEMICALS IN THE HOME.
You can literally start swapping out every single chemical cleaning toxin in your home to live a purer lifestyle...
and you can do it without breaking the bank.
Our bodies were created to be perfect and balanced, and in this day-and-age,
our bodies can use all the support they can get due to all of the toxins in our environment.
Toxins are everywhere, and we need to clean up our environment to stay healthy.
TAKE THE THREE-CABINET CHALLENGE.
· Look at the products in 3 of the cabinets in your Home.
· Check out the ingredients on the products that you use on your body and to clean your home.
· If you can't pronounce the ingredients... They're probably bad for you.
· Look up “bad effects of” .... on Google to understand more about the Toxins in these everyday products.
To live a toxic free Life, you need to start with your home.
Essential Oils have been around for a very long time.
Some of the oldest cultures in the world used Essential Oils.
The Babylonians placed orders for Cedarwood, Myrrh and Cypress.
Essential Oils are frequently mentioned in the Bible with the most memorable ones being Frankincense and Myrrh.
Frankincense has over 10,000 uses.
Essential Oils were used in medieval times, but it was only after World War II that essential oils were “rediscovered.”
And the science on their uses grows every single year.
DO ESSENTIAL OILS WORK?
I would have to say in the past I have used products with essential oils in them,
and never noticed anything at all. And now I know why . . .
In the United States, there is no rating system for Essential Oils.
The closest we get is an FDA requirement that says in order to label a bottle of Essential Oils, Pure or Therapeutic Grade, the contents of that bottle must contain at least 5% Essential Oil!
Wow! But, each bottle of Young Living’s Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils is 100% percent Essential Oil!
This is why I choose Young Living Essential Oils.
ALL OILS FALL INTO ONE OF FOUR CATEGORIES.
Grades A, B, C, and D Oils d
Grade A Oils are Therapeutic and made from organically-grown plants, and distilled at low temperatures. These are the oils you need to be using. These are Young Living Oils.
Grade B Oils are Food grade but may contain synthetics, pesticides, fertilizers, chemical extenders or carrier oils. Great C Oils are Perfume Oils and often contain adulterated chemicals.
Solvents, like hexane, are usually used to gain a higher yield of Oil for harvest.
Solvents can be cancerous, and are found in many store-bought oils.
They also may be diluted 80- 95% with alcohol.
Grade D Oils are called Floral Waters, which are aromatic only, and is usually a byproduct of grade A distillation.
They are sold to companies who fill 5% of the bottle with this leftover trash water, then fill the rest of it with carrier oils and label it as pure.
That is why Young Living is the Only Essential Oil Company to use. They are Grade A . They take care of everything from Seed to Seal.
Each bottle of Young Living’s Essential Oil is 100% percent Grade A Essential Oil.
These Essential Oils can be used on the skin, and there is an entire line of Vitality Oils with White Labels, which are specifically labeled for internal use, and can be used as a supplement.
This is why I choose Young Living Essential Oils. Purity is everything when you are talking about Essential Oils.
AS YOU CAN SEE ALL ESSENTIAL OILS ARE NOT EQUAL.
Young Living is the oldest, most-trusted, and well-respected essential oil company in the world.
· They are the World Leader.
· Now, a billion-dollar company with over 3 million members in countries all over the globe.
· With over 25 plus years of research and experience,
Young Living is the only Essential Oil Company with all their own Farms.
· They offer our “Seed-to-Seal” Guarantee.
· The “Seed-to-Seal” Process is the heart of our commitment to Purity and Authenticity.
~ Each plant is hand-weeded,
~ No pesticides are used - No chemicals and no weed killers.
~ Plants are harvested at their Peak.
~ They are put through a rigorous testing process.
~ Then, they go from the Farm directly to your home.
THERE ARE THREE WAYS TO USE YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS.
- Topically, Aromatically, and Internally as a dietary supplement.
1. TOPICALLY is also known as transdermal.
· Essential oils are rapidly absorbed by the skin,
which is not surprising, considering the skin is the largest organ of the body.
Applying the oils to your feet is a great way to absorb the oils into your body.
With over 2,000 pores in each foot – these are some of the largest pores in your body.
· You can also bathe in the oils.
~ It's best to mix 15 to 20 drops with Epsom salts in a separate bowl.
~ Then, pour the mixture into the bathtub.
· Scents are powerful.
· The best and fastest way to reach the Mood Center of our Brain is through our Nose.
· In less than a second, essential oils hit the limbic system, with the power to affect our mood.
· 75% of American homes use synthetic air fresheners that contain numerous amounts of
chemical agents, like formaldehyde, that have been linked to cancer.
~ When the term fragrance is used, remember that it can include up to
300 toxic chemicals, yet, still just say “fragrance.”
~ Formaldehyde is the number one cancer-causing chemical used in air fresheners.
· Tenting is another way to inhale essential oils.
~ Pour boiling hot water into a glass bowl. Add 2 - 3 drops of essential oil of your choice,
~ Cover your head with a towel, and lean over the bowl and inhale.
This is excellent for respiratory and emotional support.
· Young Living now has a line of Oils labeled for internal use called “Vitality Oils.”
· You can get the benefits from ingesting these Young Living Essential Oils
by putting them in an empty vegetable capsule and taking them as a pill.
· Because they are 100% pure with no synthetics or additives,
Young Living Essential Oils are safe.
· Other ways to ingest Oils are to add a drop to your water (lemon is a great choice) or even
your cup of tea.
· You can cook with the Oils or add them to your food.
NOW LET’S TALK SAFETY
Care should be taken when applying “Hot” Oils to the skin. Oregano, Cinnamon, Basil and Clove are examples of “Hot” Oils. A few Oils may feel “Hot” to the skin. If an Oil ever feels “Hot,” remember to simply dilute the oil with a Carrier oil such as Olive Oil or Coconut Oil.
It will stop the excited feeling quickly. In addition, some Oils, such as Citrus Oils, should not be used for 12 hours prior to going out in the Sun, due to possible photosensitivity.
So, What is a Carrier Oil?
A Carrier Oil is a fatty oil, such as Coconut or Grapeseed Oil, which is used to dilute an Essential Oil. Look for “cold-pressed and organic” in your Health Food Store.
Young Living also sells a nice blend called V6 oil.
Carrier Oils are used to dilute an Essential Oil to spread it over a larger area.
· Dilution does not reduce the effectiveness.
· Dilution may help an oil last longer via Time release.
I have always believed that Nature provides us with everything that we need to be Healthy, Happy, and Sensuous. Recently, I became aware of a new way to get more in touch with Nature, and my Sensuous Self . . . Essential Oils. Essential Oils are highly-concentrated essences from plants that make a plant magical. They are derived from trees, flowers, herbs, grasses, and resins, using low pressure distillation or cold pressing. Essential oils are compounds within the plants that are the plants’ natural defense mechanisms. They help protect the plant. These compounds are beneficial, and can be used to help us in similar ways.Click below to go to my Wordpress.com Blog about Essential Oils. Lots of DIY recipes